Pat Costello RIP

Re: Pat Costello RIP

: (

Two Shaskeen members in one week. 🙁

I had the pleasure of meeting him once, on the very first day of my very first trip to Ireland. I had just landed at Shannon Airport with a group from Latvia (where I had been living for almost 2 years) - six Latvians and an Englishman giving our best shot at playing Irish music. We were met at the Airport by an Irishman who managed a bank in Riga, and taken to an unknown location somewhere in Co. Clare, to the house of his friend, a showjumper and fine flute player by the name of Tina (whom I have never seen or heard of since). After several cups of tea and sandwiches, we were joined by another musician - Pat Costello. We had no idea who he was, except that he was ‘the real thing’ where traditional music was concerned - and was wonderfully encouraging of our endeavours and tolerant of our musical gaucheness.

I’m sorry I never met him again to reminisce over this.

Oh dear Lord!
Another one of the lovely happy people!
I’ll bet that there are some great gatherings upstairs, and just imagine the craic!
Prayers and condolences to all family and friends
Thank you Pat for your smile alone!
Codladh sámh

Brian x

Very sad at the loss of a great friend. I believe there are plans to have a musical celebration of Pat´s life later in the year.