Harp teacher.

Harp teacher.

Hi all,
Hope this is ok to post, and fully aware that nobody is actually teaching at the minute!
Looking for a harp teacher in Meath (west) or North Kildare area. I’ve searched plenty and although there is a renowned harp teacher/performer in Meath and a harp school in Westmeath, they both seem to be more classical/exams inclined.
I’m already classically trained in flute and play some trad instruments, but looking for a trad harp teacher in the area if anyone knows any? Names/recommendations greatly welcomed!

Thanks all.

Re: Harp teacher.

Glad to hear from you, Newbie! About time you found us! Do you play Irish on flute? It’s the best of instruments, so if now is a tough time to start something new, you may find the challenge of adapting what you know to Irish technique fun and interesting. I did.

Keep in touch.

Posted by .

Welcome! I’d recommend you go ahead and contact the harp school. They may have a teacher who (also) teaches traditional harp, or can recommend someone who does. Best wishes on your harp journey.

Thanks both! Will keep searching and making enquiries!

Hi Newbi2020,
You could contact Cairde na cruite and they’ll know of a good teacher in your area. When C19 not an issue, it could be good to attend Termonfeckon annual harp workshop or attend harp workshops at the Willie clancy summer school…

https://www.cairdenacruite.com/contact-us