Anyone use Tunepal tunebook export ?

Anyone use Tunepal tunebook export ?

I have an old iphone ( ios 6.6) and I am trying to export my tune book as a grouped file rather than individual files. It will export all the files as a tunebook but when I’ve tried to open the exported tunebook on an ipad it doesn’t recognized the files. does this function work and any suggestions how I might get it to work ?

thanks

roy

Posted by .

Re: Anyone use Tunepal tunebook export ?

Roy , not knowing what the app did in the first place , I’m at a loss.
Did the app just show a list of tunes by name , or did it show the score?
Reason I ask is that if it’s just a list of tunes by name , then it’s hackable and I’d be game.
Most ‘new’ apps import and export the musicxml format , while cumbersome , it gets the job done.
Looking forward to your response.
If we can figure out a secure way to do it , I’d like to look at the output file so that I could deep examine it.
Al

[edit] [ take a look at http://tunepal.org/tunepal/index.php ]

Roy, I’m using an Android version of Tunepal. In my tune book, I chose share by email. Tunepal generated an attachment with 14 tunes (X:1 - X:14) with an .abc file extension.

I had no trouble opening the attachment with the Tunepal or Trad Musician apps.

If you open your file in a text editor, check to make sure the tunes are serially numbered X:1 through whatever.

Here’s a partial of what my file held:

Generated by Tunepal on Android on Apr 8, 2020 10:01:44 PM

X:1
I:Tunepal ID:1677-16.abc-1-Road%7ETo%7EDurham%2C%7EThe Tunepal source:thesession.org
T:Road To Durham, The
M:6/8
L:1/8
R:jig
K:Dmix
FAA ABd|BAG AGE| ~G3 ~B3|AGA E2D|
FAA ABd|BAG AGE|DED F2A|GEA D2A:|
F2A ABc|ded B3|~G3 ~B3|AGA E2D|
[1F2A ABc|dAd AGE|DED F2A|GEA D2A:|
[2A2D ABc|.d2d AGE|DED F2A|GEA D2A:|

X:2
I:Tunepal ID:1772-16.abc-1-An%7EBuachaillin%7EDreoite Tunepal source:thesession.org
T:An Buachaillin Dreoite
M:6/8
L:1/8
R:jig
K:Gmaj
DGG AAG|A (3BAG G2A|DGG AAG|cAG =FDC|
DGG AAG|A (3BAG GBd|eef gfd|1cAF G2F:|2cAF G2A||
BAB cBc|ded G2A|BAB GBd|cAG FGA|
BAB cBc|dcd efg|a2f gfd|cAF G2A:|

…(and so on)

Sorry, I have to correct what I stated above. Trad Musician had no trouble opening the tune book file. Tunepal errored out with "No tunes found."

I can reopen the exported file on my iphone in tunepal ( it asks me if I want to import all 128 tunes ) but no luck on my ipad with tunepal , and it won’t recognize the file nor give me any access so that I could check how the abc files are formatted. I also tried to open then in easyabc but I get an error message and it won’t open them. I’m trying to store these tunes in a safe way so I can do some editing on my files on my iphone without losing all the old tunes. the file name is tunepal.abc

Posted by .

I forgot to mention that the only options that I see in tunepal on my iphone is "delete all tunes " or "email all tunes " which sends them as the tunepal.abc file which I can’t open or access.

Posted by .

Problem solved:

I was able to open the file in my mac textedit program and then import it into easyabc and print both a tune book in both pdf and easy abc files. Thanks everyone for their suggestions.

Roy

Posted by .