May I just say thanks to Jeremy and all the learned contributors to this site …

May I just say thanks to Jeremy and all the learned contributors to this site …

… for all your work, dedication, knowledge, generosity and enthusiasm in keeping things going at present. You are a beacon of light in these strange times. Go raibh maith agat.

Re: May I just say thanks to Jeremy and all the learned contributors to this site …

Yup, TheSession is a wonderful community resource - there’s nothing like it out there. Well done and thank you Jeremy. And to all the contributions from everybody over the years.

Re: May I just say thanks to Jeremy and all the learned contributors to this site …

Hey, I’m just the caretaker—you’re the ones who provide all the great stuff here on The Session, so thank *you*!

(But I appreciate the sentiment very much—thank you.)

Id like to thank you too Jeremy, this site has been a wonderful resource for me and has offered me a great number of lessons.

Many years ago when i first came here, it was literally the first forum I ever joined or posted in, talk about jumping in the deep end! I had no idea what I was letting myself in for! Im sure you recall those first months and years!
I learnt how to put forwards my position and stand by it, how to research to support it, and to deal with a pack of hyenas with a few vultures flying around trying to get a bite in!
I learnt about straw men and ad homini how to stand alone facing this pack.
Im very glad to say there are none of that pack left.
This place was, truth be told, Somewhat of a mine field for the unwary strummer or bodhran player, sight readers and players from other genre and anyone who did not kowtow to the gestalt who would dare to recommend a metronome or notation or cross the resident trolls under the bridge!!
Im very glad it is not anymore as it is such a unique treasure.

Im very appreciative of your patience Jeremy and your persistence and the site has blossomed into a warm friendly welcoming supportive community as a result .
It may not provide the same macabre enjoyment of watching a train wreck but the comments section truly provides a valuable resource to match the tune section and recording and others that I might not personally use so much.
I can assure you the reputation in the Irish session scene has grown considerably as a result .

May it long continue to offer such a great service and facility that enriches us all in many ways.
We all, all, have something to offer from wisdom, wit , interesting questions, insightful comments , accurate transcriptions and great tunes!
To heart sharing and a true forum in the best meaning of the word.
Simple to use and access , clear and easy to navigate and follow. Not cut into arbitrary sections and isolated /separated but open to all to contribute .
Here we can be a part of a real session, where the line between players and listeners, dancers and drinkers between tradstars and total beginners is non existent.
A refreshing blend of cultures and idiosyncrasies crossing timezones and oceans .
And to finish id like to thank you again , despite our sometimes difficult relationship , for allowing me to pass by , pop in for a virtual pint and a few sets of tunes, pass on some of the lessons Ive learnt and pick up a few at the same time. Cheers , Slàinte.

I would also like to add my thanks to Jeremy and to the members of this community. In these weird times, The Session is not only a fantastic resource but also a place for relief.

Many thanks Jeremy…..your dedication is much appreciated….I look forward to the email each week….