Tune finder for non-Celtic folk tunes

Tune finder for non-Celtic folk tunes

I’m a little embarrassed to ask this but I’ve poked around with Google and haven’t been able to figure this out. My mother has a little music box that plays a melody that I would guess is Viennese and I haven’t come up with any tune finders that could ID it. I don’t believe it is an uncommon melody so I think I’m just being a little dull. Where would you go with something like this?
I wanted to play it at church Sunday (streaming’s) as a tribute and the melody is a little foggy. I don’t want to go for a visit because she is very at risk.

Re: Tune finder for non-Celtic folk tunes

There’s Shazam but that’s more for pop and rock songs. I was able to identify a Japanese pop song through their app.

Maybe post a clip on an Austrian forum?

Cheers,

Melany

Posted by .

Folk Tune finder might be a good resource. The host is very good about responding queries.

I listen to some Strauss from time to time. I’d love to know what that tune ends up being!

I’ve forgotten what it’s called, but there is a site where you supply an audio clip and brave, human volunteers tell you what they think it is. I got an ID from their from five notes that I sang badly into the microphone here.

Hi-Lili Hi-Lo from the MGM movie Lili by Helen Deutsch and Bronislau Kaper. Kaper was a Polish composer who scored music in Germany, France, and the USA. I’d like to argue that I wasn’t horribly far off…an admittedly weak argument.

At least now I can play it Sunday for my Mother. I definitely had some pieces missing.

Karen here at work new it straight off. She’s a fine musician with a good ear for melody.

Neat! I’ll have to listen to that!