The best album I’ve listened to during the current stay at home phase of existence.

The best album I’ve listened to during the current stay at home phase of existence.

An Choill Uaigneach by Theresa Kavanagh,

There are other albums I’ve been listening to but I’m just really impressed with this effort of Theresa Kvanagh.

Re: The best album I’ve listened to during the current stay at home phase of existence.

Daithí Gormley
Fiddling without a bow.

Re: The best album I’ve listened to during the current stay at home phase of existence.

I discovered Caroline Keane’s Shine two days ago on Bandcamp. I sampled it and really liked the pace and purity so I ordered it. I particularly enjoy the reels on the third track. Well played Caroline.

Posted by .

John Doyle’s new album, The Path of Stones is a good one!

I’m anticipating……have just ordered John Sheahan’s new solo album, Flirting Fiddles. I just love his tunes: already play nearly half of the ones on the album, so it’s payback time to buy the CD. It’s on its way! Bound to be brilliant!

Not Before Time​.​.​.​39 Years in the Making by Páraic Mac Donnchadha.

Dog in the Fog - Mike McGoldrick and Dezi Donnelly

Not one particular album, but I’ve found myself listening to lots of Scottish traditional music recently, after mostly listening to Irish, English, Northumbrian, and Welsh music. I’ve really gotten into the march, strathspey and reel combination.

“Caitlín” by Caitlín Nic Gabhann. She’s a fabulous concertina player and composer.

Posted by .

I’ve probably been playing The Glory Reel by Will Woodson, Caitlin Finley, & Chris Stevens the most.

Heart Behind the Bow
Kimberley Fraser

No Irish trad album as such, but a constant succession of tunes played on video by contributors to the current Facebook pages Quarantunes and Viral Tune Swap. Many of the tunes are marvellous and the standard of playing impressive. Most of the offerings seem to be English and Continental, but there are Scottish and Irish ones in amongst them. Longstanding Session member ‘ptarmigan’ (Dick Glasgow) posts in clips to Viral Tune Swap from Antrim. 🙂

Really enjoying Kevin Burke’s Stories and Tunes CD. A musical journey from Kerry to Sligo. Comedy, music and one heck of a fiddler.