More help?

More help?

I only have titles to 2 tunes I’ll need quite soon. JC’s only gives the info to "St. Ruth’s Bush" as being an Am reel (no response from the address it was posted from) and "Gerry Cromane’s" comes up no match. Does anyone have any info as far as chords (and melody) on either of these? Thanks.

Re: More help?

Try a different spelling: Gerry Commane’s. It’s on Mary Bergin’s Feadoga Stain.

Posted .

Oh, and it was posted by John Harvey in The Session tune bank back on November 12, 2001.

Posted .

Thank you for the info. I did get to figure out the tunes during our gig last Friday (thank goodness it wasn’t a formal concert). Remembering them will be the next hurdle. I’ll check out the tune bank with the correct name.

I’ve also got the Dionne Reel, but I’ve never much liked the tune and am loathe to perpetuate it by posting it (no offense to your need to learn it to keep pace with your mates). It’s French Canadian, no? You can find (error-filled) abcs for Dionne at http://tunedb.woodenflute.com/tunedb.

Posted .

Is that another name for St. Ruth’s Bush?

Oops! No, sorry, wrong tune. I was looking for St. Ruth’s and came across abcs for Dionnes and recognized it from our local session. Got my wires crossed. Maybe it’s a good thing I’m in here rather than *working* on anything that might need my full attention. Yipes.

Posted .

I didn’t think it was the right tune after having checked this tune archive. Well, thanks for the address, anyway. I just checked out Pap of Glencoe and got information for that through the tunedb.org. Isn’t this internet something?

St. Ruth’s Bush

I just bought a low budget 2 CD compilation today, which features, among other things, a set by the Kincora Ceili Band including St. Ruths Bush. I’ll post the tune just as soon as I’ve converted it into letters and numbers.