Tune ID

Tune ID

GBd gdB|cBA B2A|GBd gdB|GBA GED|
GBd gba|gdB c3|B3 BAG|FGA G3:||
||:d2B cBA|GBA GED|d2B cBA|GBA GFE|
D3 G3|E3 A2B|cBA BFE|DBA G3:||
||:_B3 BAG|=F2D FGA|_B3 BAG|FGA G2A|
B3 BAG|F2D FGA|B3 cAF|AGF G3:||

I recorded this jig at a session and don’t know anything about it. Sounds like a more recently written tune with the bflats in the third part. Can anybody help?

Re: Tune ID

Sounds possibly English or Breton, but if someone said it was from Galicia or Asturias, I’d accept that.
I’ll be interested to learn the true origin.

I wouldn’t be surprised if it were a Muineira from Galicia or Asturias, either. The third part sounds straight out of the Milladoiro or Llan de Cubel catalogs.

It’s in G maj right?
It definitely doesn’t sound Breton to me.
Also Tunepal didn’t help when I played it.

I doubt if you would find any help on Tunepal, as its mainly for Irish music just like this site, according to description.

I had also tried Tunepal wirhout a result. I think it shifts from G major to F major in the first half of the third part. By the way, I heard the jig at a session in Wuppertal, Germany. But it was supposedly recorded from Irish radio.

@gooseinthenettles
Well, Tunepal’s description is: "Tunepal is a search-by-playing search engine for traditional Irish, Welsh, Scottish, Breton, American marching band and Canadian tunes."
Moreover, the jig was recorded in an Irish session, so it would have make sense to find it on The Session I guess.

Found it neither on thesession nor on Tunepal and also asked some other people before I posted it here. Just couldn‘t get it out of my mind and still find it’s quite a nice tune.

"I wouldn’t be surprised if it were a Muineira from Galicia or Asturias, either. The third part sounds straight out of the Milladoiro or Llan de Cubel catalogs." I cannot ID the tune but I would agree w/MP1996.
It is a nice tune.

Posted by .