Contemporary Fiddle Tunes from the Northeast of Ireland

Contemporary Fiddle Tunes from the Northeast of Ireland

Hello, I would like to make the community of thesession.org aware of a new collection of music out now, ‘Contemporary Fiddle Tunes from the Northeast of Ireland’, published by Mel Bay.

The book contains 64 tunes from 24 composers, arranged for the fiddle with accompanying guitar chords.

More information on the book, and how to order a copy, can be found here:

rowanleslie.bandcamp.com/merch

Cheers,

Rowan

rowanleslie.co.uk

Re: Contemporary Fiddle Tunes from the Northeast of Ireland

Thanks for this. The music from the north east of Ireland does not get as much attention as it deserves.

Had a listen to ‘The Red Kite’ We have some ‘Marsh Harriers’ where I live and they would dance to that flute too. Very nice!

Hi Helanne, yes the music from the north east of Ireland does sometimes get forgotten about when people look at the places where the music is most prevalent in Ireland. It is an area rich with musicians and composers, historically and currently.

Hi Fizzit, thank you, glad you enjoyed ‘The Red Kite’ piece. I am a fan of birds of prey in general, so it was a good opportunity to use that interest as the basis in my composing. Great that you get marsh harriers down your way, I am not sure I have had the opportunity to see any in real life yet. When I do, no doubt I will write a couple of tunes after them!