Searching for details of a CD

Searching for details of a CD

Many years ago I was given a CD by the name of "Crede". The only details I know about this CD is that the fiddle player is Emma O’Leary (It was one of Emma’s sisters that gave me the CD) and the other instruments include Guitar / Box / Flute.

Does anyone have any details about this recording? (Musicians / Track listing?) I digitised my music some time ago… and lost some of my covers in house moves.

It’s brilliant… especially love the slides and polkas. Any help would be appreciated. 🙂

Re: Searching for details of a CD

http://www.geocities.ws/credemusic/index-2.html

1. The High Road to Glin, The Low Road to Glin, The Dark Haired Lass (Reels)
http://www.geocities.ws/credemusic/Reels.mp3
2. Sliabh Luacra Slides (Slides)
3. John Brosnans, Jackie Daly’s, O’Sullivan’s (Polkas) http://www.geocities.ws/credemusic/Polkas.mp3
4. Paddy Kelly’s Reel, Gan Ainm, The Faulty Towers (Reels)
5. Charlie Lennons, Peadar O Riadas, Headwood Crossing (Jigs)
6. Maurice o Keeffe’s, Murphys, An Grianán (Polkas)
7. Where’s the Cat, The Lisheen, Gan Ainm (Slides)
8. Joe McMahon’s Jig, Cloonraithne, Gort Na Mona (Jigs)
9. Ballinasloe Fair, Liz Doherty’s, The Gratsby (Reels)

Emma O’Leary - Fiddle
Eilis Murphy - Flute
Jonathan Roche - Accordion
Sean Leahy - Guitar, Bodhran, Cajun Drum

Posted by .

Brilliant, thanks for that. For some reason I must have missed that in my Google searches… probably because Geocities sites can be a bit iffy sometimes… or I just wasn’t paying attention 🙂 (Possibly the latter)

Thank you for letting me know the CD was out there, davydd.

Posted by .

***beware the banners***

The music’s good, excellent even… but for the sake of all that’s holy *don’t* click the "powerful web hosting" banners! You might be sent somewhere you definitely DON’T want to go. (not just the usual ads, but some *really* dodgy websites.) Clicking back won’t let you escape - it just brings up another webpage.

I posted a similar message earlier - somebody (Jeremy?) took it down, (perhaps i was too explicit in my explaining what you were likely to find?)

I think the rest of the website is safe enough, though a lot of the band’s links don’t go to anything. I’d had a good look around trying to find a link to their CD both on and off their website before i fell through a trapdoor into unpleasentness, and it took me a while to figure out how that happened. (returning to the website via clicking the link here, with the banner appearing underneath my cursor - stupidly easy to do, so be careful.)

I don’t want to put people off checking out Crede, or visiting their website, so i reiterate: website good, banners bad!

I am so sorry, THC! I should have known something was wrong when davydd mentioned geocities being iffy.
I use AdBlock Plus on Firefox & it blocked the banners. Too late for you. Hope your computer is OK.
It’s great to see the old site (2006) if you can safely navigate to it. The mp3 links cleanly for me but
I don’t know if my links above (to the mp3s) if 100% safe. It’s directly from the geocities.ws site.
The link I posted to www.credemusicdotcom is not maintained (it is an archive(?) and looking at it now
it seems it could be easily susceptible to hacking with adware (or worse).

Again sorry for not considering the ramifications before posting live links. Having said that if you can look at it confident that you have adequate safeguards it has lots of information in that oldschool geocities format.

Posted by .

Thanks Guys.

I’d be happy for this thread to be delete to avoid any unnecessary risk. AB has provided answers to my questions and I’d be happy to add this to the recordings section when I have time (unless you want discovery honours AB… 🙂 ). I can even do some legwork to try work-out what those Sliabh Luacra slides are called.

I just love this CD… it was on high rotation when I was learning the Fiddle many years ago. I’ve just taken up the Accordion… so it’s a CD that just keeps on giving 🙂