Time to Bow Out, Sherlock.

Re: Time to Bow Out, Sherlock.

As an aside. Why £1-68p? Is that a significant amount in postage terms?!

There appears to be a tariff point at £1.64, but none currently at £1.68.

It’s for bowing the really big tunes - like a bowsaw. One person fingers the notes (with both hands if necessary) whilst another two people work the bow from each end.

Maybe it’s for when she does her parlour trick, and switches hands in the middle of a tune by tossing both the bow and the instrument to the other hand in one quick motion…

It’s a mystery to me.

Posted by .

Slightly depressing that it got past so many people involved in the design and production before they churned out however many thousand copies ………………….

If this is for real, and they haven’t been recalled, you might consider acquiring a sheet or two. It reminds me of the "Inverted Jenny" stamps here in the US where an airplane was printed upside down. Uncancelled stamps in mint condition have sold in the millions of $USD.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inverted_Jenny

I suspect that it is deliberate.

Posted by .

It’s a tunable bow. Like a capo. Sherlock was known to use these for micro-tuning, for which he was assisted by his magnifying glass.
But, seriously, it may well be deliberate. Just to see who’s paying attention. Elementary, old chap.

"I was alerted to this via a FB post elsewhere."

Well, if you saw it on Facebook, then I would say it’s true. Facebook does not allow the posting of false or misleading information.