RIP John Dwyer

Re: RIP John Dwyer

One of my favourite musicians and an amazing composer. A lifelong friend may John RIP. The Dwyer family, will we ever see better.

Darn. I heard a lovely set of his jigs in a session once, but never did try to learn them afterward. Wish I had. RIP.

is that Sean Keane of the Chieftains at 2:40?

It is indeed Sean Keane,the band in the picture is The Castle Ceili Band including Michael Tubridy James Keane John Kelly Joe Ryan Bridie Laverty Mick O Connor and more.

RIP John Dwyer - sitting to the front, left of photo. A fine fiddle player, and composer of some great tunes, none more than his set-dance "The Fall Of Dunboy", as recently recorded by Angelina Carberry and Dan Brouder.
https://youtu.be/qH8Nidv8ebk

Posted by .

Very sad. It’s just down to Richie now…

RIP….

I met John a few times at the Willie Clancy Summer School. What a gentleman. I remember being in Yvonne Casey’s class and being treated to a mini concert by John, Ben Lennon, Paddy Jones (RIP all) and a few others. After they played, someone asked Yvonne to play a tune. She played one of John’s reels and when she finished she said that she loved playing that reel because it made her feel like a teenager again. John just smiled and said "that’s nice, because I wrote it when I was a teenager". A magical moment.

Posted by .