Brendan Mulkere RIP

Brendan Mulkere RIP

Just heard the sad news that Brendan Mulkere passed away this morning. RIP Brendan old friend.

Re: Brendan Mulkere RIP

Oh Dear Lord! Another lovely person in the band upstairs.
That’s sad news indeed GITN
He was very generous and kind to me in the times I met and played with him in London.
May he rest in peace
Brian x

I have lost count of the number of fine musicians I have met on the London trad scene that were taught and/or mentored by Brendan Mulkere. I knew he had been ill for some time and I hope his suffering in the last months was not too great. Condolences to Sharon, Claire, Sinead, Collette and all his family and friends.

Strangely, one of the last times I saw Brendan was at a tribute to Finbarr Dwyer, one of the other performers being Finbarr’s brother John, who passed away just 10 days ago.

Sad, a lovely gentleman who was very kind and very dedicated to the music and took me under his wing so to speak many years ago for the short time I was privileged to spend with him. Safe journey Brendan.

I met Brendan a few times through a mutual friend in North London in the early 80’s, went to a few sessions and tutorials run by him. Another one gone to the big ceili in the sky.

Sad news, indeed. Thanks for posting it.

Brendan came to Australia in 1983, with John Carty. I was lucky enough to be their back up guitar player for two weeks and it was a most wonderful experience. Brendan was passionate about teaching Irish music to anyone who cared to listen, and he left an indelible stamp on my own approach to Irish music, and many others in Melbourne at the time. Some people have a certain aura about them and Brendan certainly had that. He will always have a place in my musical heart.

RIP….

So long Brendan and thank you so much for all the music you so freely gave.

So sad to hear this. I was also lucky enough to sit in on a number of sessions with him and others. A gentleman and a great player.

He was one of the finest people I have ever had the privelege to know.
I still play my fiddle every day and I think of him often.
May he rest in peace and may his magnificent legacy live on and prosper.
Michael Fox (Palawan, Philippines)