Burke whistle for sale, anyone ?

Burke whistle for sale, anyone ?

Anyone got a high D they want to part with ? I don’t care which sort of Burke.

Re: Burke whistle for sale, anyone ?

Get a Killarney. If you haven;t played one— great sound, less than half the price.

I’ve never tried a Burke for comparison, but I have a Killarney and I second David Levine’s comment.

I tried a killarny but the sound was a bit edgy and harsh and the burke i got to replace the killarny had a far superior purity of tone. 3 times the price but really in relation to other instruments a pro level instrument like a burke is cheap .

As with all instruments its a matter of taste, some like a harsh tone some a pure tone, some with lots of chiff others without, brass or aluminium, wood body or wood head, delrin etc etc etc
The video certainly didnt change my opinion 🙂 id be interested in a sindt comparison .
I tend towards a brass instrument with a wooden head . Most of my whistles fit this catagory. I had a ralph sweet full wood i ddnt like at all . A lofgren that was pretty good if not excellent but again ,i moved it along in search of the perfect D . I have a selection of olivier bouchards brass and box wood whistles that certainly for B and C are as perfect as i could wish for.my low G is a burke Aluminum very very happy with that .
I would like to try a Burke session D in Brass .at some point but im very happy with my 2 bouchard D’s a narrow and a standard bore .