Jigsaw band. List Traditional Tune from Tronderlag .

Jigsaw band. List Traditional Tune from Tronderlag .

Back again. Does this tune have another name. On Youtube , a mandolin player demonstrates the complete tune I think. Can anyone direct me to the dots to this tune. please. Have just joined a session and they seemed to like this tune. Have been told to learn their tunes. Everyone keep safe please. Jan.

Re: Jigsaw band. List Traditional Tune from Tronderlag .

I’m sorry, Jan, I don’t think you’ve made yourself clear. Have you got more information about what you are looking for?

Alex, I am looking for a copy of dots to this tune and or a book with the tune listed in it. If possible. thanks for replying. Jan.

Yes Bazza, this is the best I could find on that title of tune. Looking for the dots. Was hoping it was on this site. I know it is not Irish but it is a nice little tune. Thanks for replying, Jan.

X: 1
T: Traditional Tune from Tronderlag
R: polska?
M: 3/4
L: 1/8
K: Dm
a2 a>g (3efg | f2 f>e d>f | e>f e>^c A>=c | d>^c d>e f>g |
a2 a>g (3efg | f2 f>e d>f | e>f e>^c A>=c | d6 ||
B2 B>A G>A | A>B A>^F D2 | D>E ^F>G A>=F | G>^F G>A B>c |
B2 B>A G>A | A>B A>^F D2 | D>E ^F>G A>=F | G6 |]

Thanks Nigel. Have faithfully hand copied this out for translation. I have one question as I have never done this before. In the 3rd bar, where the equal sign =3 appears. What does this represent. Or if someone else can assist that would be nice too. Much appreciated. Keep safe. Jan.

^c is c sharp.
=c is c natural.

Looking at Nigel’s transcription, I realise that the two clips (above) are slightly different. I’m not very adept at .abc so can’t immediately write it out in full, but the second of the two renditions (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z3OMTG1IK7c) has the following differences:-

A part - bars 3 and 7: all Cs are sharp.
B part - bars and 5: last note is Bb, not A.
B part - bars 3 and 7: second note is Eb, not E, and all Fs are sharp
Also, both parts are repeated.

Hope useful.

Posted by .

Thankyou Bazza, David50 and DonaldK, very much appreciate assistance from all of you. On a new journey into computer technique, that I have been avoiding for ages. Never too old to learn they say. So here we go. Thanks Jigsaw and The Session and everyone. Please keep safe everyone. Jan.

Found the dots from Karen Myers. Blue Rose Music.org and the title of the tune is Pols etter Jngvar Sodal. I am so thankful to everyone who contributed to this request. Jan.