New Paolo Soprani Jubilee IV B/C bellows

New Paolo Soprani Jubilee IV B/C bellows

Maybe someone can help me with a technical issue? I just received my new Paolo Soprani Jubilee IV shipped by Massimo Mazzantini at Castelfidardo Musica in Italy. This is my very first Paolo Soprani, and when playing it, I noticed the Middle G bassoon reed on the 4-voice setting sounds out of tune. All the other notes sound fine, both on 4-voice and 3-voice settings. Quite aggravating considering I play quite a few tunes in G using the 4-voice setting, so that bassoon G note is used all the time. Hopefully, it just needs a break-in period. I was going to take the 6 bellow pins out and open up the accordion and look at the reed banks, but I am uncertain if the bellows are also glued to the accordion frame on the new Paolo Soprani’s. I sure do not want to cause damage to the bellows if they are indeed also glued in.

Re: New Paolo Soprani Jubilee IV B/C bellows

Hey Don,

you lucky dude. open the pins on bellows and look at the reeds for that note, one of the leather leafs on outside is probably sticking.

If you put the settings to just two reeds or three and it comes out "in tune" like you said then it is just having breathing issues like leaf stick as mentioned. the reed blocks will not be waxed in, they will having a sliding metal clip that is easy enough to move sideways and take the whole block out and check for blockage of some kind, might be wax on reed but I doubt it. Have fun

Posted by .

Hi Beid. I took the 6 bellows pins out, but cannot separate the bellows from the frame.

Don, the bellows frames are glues to either end of the bellows. The bellows pins secure the bellows frames to the ends of the instrument. Once they are removed you should be able to pull the ends away from the bellows + frames. Maybe on a new instrument they might feel quite tight.

Have a look at some of Lester’s videos to get an idea of what to do:
http://forum.melodeon.net/index.php/topic,24371.0.html

… the bellows frames are glued to either end …

I know the bellows frames are glued to the bellows. Lol. I discovered what the problem was. The mounting screws of the bellows retention straps on the top and bottom of the accordion was the issue. The mounting screws were in the frames just enough to not allow the bellows frames to be removed. holding the bellows frames in. I backed those out enough to were the bellow frame could be pulled out.