Real, Live Session!

Real, Live Session!

Last night. One of our crew sent an email asking how we all were doing and one of the lads offered to host a session on his front lawn. We had three fiddles, one guitar, an octave mandolin, standard mandolin, whistle, and me on flute. It was a grand evening under a mostly clear, 70 degree Idaho sky. Probably will continue as long as the weather holds. We socially distanced and only the whistle player and I had to forego masks. Very safe, it was, and many approving neighbors.

Posted by .

Re: Real, Live Session!

Congratulations!

We’ve been having weekly distanced sessions in a big park gazebo for a couple of months now.

Envious.
I think I’ll invite people round to my bit next warm, dry day for the same. Mmm… that’ll be 14th May 2021.

We’ve done the front lawn thing once or twice a month for awhile, most recently last Saturday. Very interesting dynamic, totally different from the pub session scene. But knowing there was snow in the forecast, we looked at each other on parting and said ‘see probably you in June’.

Posted by .

The week before last, we played around a fire pit in the guitarist’s garden. Came home smelling like a kipper but happy.
Last Monday, played in my back garden. In intermittent drizzle. Conclusive proof we are addicted. Tea kept us warm and it was brilliant!!
But both in the dark at night. Can’t keep getting away with it. Everyone else is either a skier or climber so I just layer up so I don’t look soft.

glad to hear it!

We have managed a couple of outdoor meetings with members of the LISBURN (North of Ireland) bunch from the Tap Room session. These were outdoor in people’s back gardens with fiddle, banjo, pipes, flute and accordion. It’s a bit cold here for it now, but fun while it lasted.

We’ve managed several in three different large, open-sided pavilions here in Northeast Ohio. The pavilion roofs and smooth concrete floors made the spaces nicely resonant. It was easy to keep appropriate distance, yet hear each other well. And the temperatures have been kind.

But the temperatures are dropping fast. We’re still hoping to find a large indoor space for winter sessions.