New features available for the WARBL whistle/pipes USB MIDI wind controller

New features available for the WARBL whistle/pipes USB MIDI wind controller

Working with Andrew Mowry, I’ve added some new features to the "Configure WARBL" control panel at:

https://warbl.xyz/configure.html

1) Pressure graph shows the WARBL input pressure over time. Available in both the Web and iOS App versions.

2) Import and Export of presets. Saves or loads all the values a single instrument preset to the currently selected instrument tab. You can then modify it if desired save it to the WARBL. It does not save the imported preset to the WARBL until you specifically tell the control panel to store it in the WARBL. Available only in the Web version.

Demo video of the new features:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=49KojYlhX6M&feature=youtu.be

Re: New features available for the WARBL whistle/pipes USB MIDI wind controller

The presets are very handy for sharing with other WARBL users. Previously, you’d have to screenshot all the various settings and then tell them to make their settings match yours manually…

Nice one Michael. Its been a lot of trial and error and emails with Andrew but i have mine pretty much as i want it .
Interesting new features.
Cheers

The presets I think will be very helpful for exchanging settings between different WARBL users.

The pressure graph is interesting, may evolve into something to help with polishing the octave jump hysteresis settings eventually, but for now, mostly fun eye candy. 🙂

It’s the octave jump thing I’m still working on, getting it just right so I’m very interested in that new feature

The import/export feature is really nice. I previously copied your tin whistle settings (as you said, by looking at screenshots) and am happy with the results but importing a config makes it so much easier.

If anyone has a really good configuration for uilleann pipes and wants to share with me please send a PM. I’m not all that great with messing with the finer details and mostly just defaults.