For Sale: Henry Wylde 8-key D flute, c. 1835. Silver keys, keyways, crown, end cap.

For Sale: Henry Wylde 8-key D flute, c. 1835. Silver keys, keyways, crown, end cap.

I am selling a lovely Wylde 8-key “D” flute. The flute has elegant key-work and a sterling-silver crown and end cap. It has silver-lined keyways, which is an unusual and very desirable feature. Such detail is only found on the very top-tier of simple-system keyed flutes from this period. In the present case it is an elegant preventive solution to the potential for cracked or chipped key blocks.

It is offered at $2,650. I will ship anywhere in the US at my expense. I will ship overseas at buyer’s expense. The flute is offered with a money-back guarantee, less the cost of shipping and any bank fees.

Pictures and a fuller description can be found here: http://forums.chiffandfipple.com/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=111595

Deposit received. Thanks for the interest. The flute is on hold.

Deposit received. Thanks for the interest. The flute is on hold.

Re: For Sale: Henry Wylde 8-key D flute, c. 1835. Silver keys, keyways, crown, end cap.

Just curious. Is it stamped only "Wylde", not "Wylde from Rudall and Rose"?

Re: For Sale: Henry Wylde 8-key D flute, c. 1835. Silver keys, keyways, crown, end cap.

After branching out from Ruddall & Rose, Henry Wylde also made many flutes for musical instrument firms. My cocuswood flute was stamped on the wooden joints - R COOK & Co 133 FENCHURCH ST LONDON. This address was an outlet for "Pianofortes" in the 1880’s.
Once the keys were removed I discovered they are stamped WYLDE.