EasyABC on macOS Catalina or Big Sur

EasyABC on macOS Catalina or Big Sur

Morning all.
Just a heads up for those of us who have been struggling with EasyABC on 64-bit only versions of macOS, Frédéric Aupépin seems to have ironed out most of the problems and has shared the package here:
https://sourceforge.net/p/easyabc/tickets/36/#9edb.

Posted by .

Re: EasyABC on macOS Catalina or Big Sur

Hmm, I can’t open it because my OS can’t identify the developer.

Joe: After trying to run it, open System Preferences and choose Security and Privacy. In there you should see the message about the unknown developer again with a button that says "Open Anyway". Press that button and everything should work from then on.

Posted by .

Another way to open it is to find the file (most probably in your Applications folder, because you dragged it there). Right click on the file, then hold down the option key, and select Open from the dropdown list. This will bring up the popup warning about it being from an unknown developer, but you can select Open from the popup, and it will open the file, and it will never ask you again. I just confirmed that it’s working OK on Big Sur.

This year just keeps getting better. Thanks folks, that worked! I was worried that since I’m mostly on a company-issued laptop and don’t have admin privileges, I might be out of luck. But this is fantastic! Frédéric Aupépin, thank you!

Thank you, bagpie and Frédéric Aupépin!

Well done!

This has certainly saved me a lot of faffing around. I’ve tried dual booting an older version of the OS, running a virtual machine and firing up an old, and very slow, Mac Mini just to keep using EasyABC so having it working again is a relief.

Posted by .