An Autists Sin sheinn 9/8

An Autists Sin sheinn 9/8

Okay, help me out people. I am trying to record in 9/8 and I can’t get the click track to sync up to the bars on my timeline in my DAW. Can any one help me out here? I have been playing slip jigs since before mo asa staimpail dropped. GRMA.

-Matt

Posted by .

Re: An Autists Sin sheinn 9/8

Are you trying to have three clicks per bar or nine? Also what’s your DAW?

I’ve just set up a 9/8 click (3 sets of 3) in Logic Pro X no problem (it’s not one of the listed time sigs but there’s a custom setting), although I would probably use 3/4 so only the first of each set of three quavers had as click. The clicks match up to the bars perfectly.

Cheers Donald. I’ll try it tonight. You are the hero we need, not the one we deserve. GRMA.

Posted by .

Sorry Matt, (or anybody) apart from reading all these threads I live a very sheltered life so I have to ask, what is ‘GRMA’ ?

Posted by .

Gobby,
Go Raib Maith Agat or something very much like that ie Thank You

Oh, right… It turns out that I did know that. I was just thinking in English. Go Raib Maith Agat yourself Davie.

Posted by .

Ok that’s most of it decoded but what is ‘since before mo asa staimpail dropped’ all about?

@johndsamuels: I think the translation is approximately “… since I was knee-high to a grasshopper”.

I was thinking it was more to do with a pubescent boy’s testicles.

Posted by .

Cùm do ghrèim.
Làmhan daoimean.

Posted by .

Had a flute teacher in Limerick that always was a fan of raising eyebrows. Add a sailors’ mouth to it with a couple of years of Irish and I’m surprised more people still aren’t offended. I’ll try harder next time.

But seriously, thanks everyone for the input.

GRMA = Thanks in Irish

Posted by .