A bit of selfpromotion; Carolan’s Receipt for Drinking

A bit of selfpromotion; Carolan’s Receipt for Drinking

This is part shameless selfpromo and part huge gratitude to this site and the people here.
I live in Norway and learn tunes that I mainly pick up from here. And most of what I have learned over the last 20 years about the music come from discussions and quarrels and fights from you great people! I have asked and gotten answers and I have posted videos and gotten feedback! It is a great place for learning!
My trio just released a full lenght album of Carolans, and here is a video I made the other day. In our town (Halden, Norway) we have a famous fortress and I took a few shots while walking around. Put together the video with our track Lord Inchiquin and I hope you enjoy. Thank you for all help, knowledge and inspiration.

https://youtu.be/HaQ_OmI56IQ

Posted by .

Re: A bit of selfpromotion; Carolan’s Receipt for Drinking

Dear Ketil and friends

Nothing shameless about doing that!

Personally I think that’s as nice an interpretation as I could wish to hear.
I wish you and your friends in Fir Arda every success and enjoyment in your music.

Keep safe and well
All the best
Brian x

Lovely playing, but I would have preferred more video of you and the other members of the trio and less of the fortress, although it was interesting (man tenker ikke på festninger i tilknyting til Norge). Chet

Posted by .

Thank you Brian and Chet!
We originally planned to film a bit more of our self, but due to Covid we had to put in some old live footage of us. I think we are originally playing a reel on the live footage, but it blended fairly well 🙂

Posted by .

Very nice playing, Ketil! And I like the footage of the fort.

What’s going through the Marshall amp?