Guitar Chords Progressions

Guitar Chords Progressions

Hi!, i’ve playing the whistle for a time, and now i want to create my accompaniment but i don’t have a guitarist, so i need to find a program or online page to create guitar chords progressions, if somebdy know pls tell me

Thanks!

Re: Guitar Chords Progressions

That’s a potentially huge question, Vicente!

Do you want to know how to choose the chords for a tune? Or do you want a machine to play chords you’ve chosen back for you?

Posted by .

Exactly, i need a "machine" that can create chords that i already selected and play with the whistle over that track. Thats why i said an accompaniment.

Greetins Calum!

Band-in-a-Box will do this, but it may be challenging to find styles that work well for traditional Irish music.

I’ve done a few of these myself for practicing hornpipes using a stride piano style:

The Boys of Bluehill:
http://michaeleskin.com/recordings/backing_tracks/the_boys_of_bluehill_backup.mp3

Alexander’s:
http://michaeleskin.com/recordings/backing_tracks/alexanders_backup.mp3

They aren’t very musical, but one step better than just playing along with a metronome.

My version of Band-in-a-Box is very old, from 2008, I know the newer versions are much more advanced.

Well thank you, ill tray that page, and yes is obviously better than play alone.
I think is possible to get an irish color with the piano, just have to try.

Thanks again!

If you are interested, there’s a bunch more piano backup .mp3 files on my box transcriptions page, scroll down near the bottom:

http://michaeleskin.com/box

Hi Vicente. If you consider one day to play the chords with an instrument, I advise the ukulele. It is very easy to do the chords, specially the ones that usually appear in Irish trad. And it is very easy to find the chords of the tunes, specially if they are the so called standard session tunes.

Hi fernando, thanks for your recommendation, but i think im looking for something more "pro". Anyway i guess starting playing chords in the ukelele before of using guitar could be a good start.

Thanks again!

What i’ve used for that purpose is ‘guitar pro’ software. You can write huge arrangements as well on it if you’re inclined. I have done. Its guitar sounds a bit midi-ish, but its pianos and rhodes piano sound pretty good imo.

You can output wav files, or midis, or sheet music as pdf also.

‘but what are the chords for the tune i want to play?’
A good dodge for finding the chords for a tune is by using Chordify on a youtube version of the tune you’re looking for. Then you can whack those chords into guitar pro, and you’re good to go. (I did this with erwan menguy’s tempus fugit recently.)

If you want a better program than guitar pro, i think there are some, like sibelius, but they aren’t cheap. guitar pro you can get on indefinite free trial though

I think Oaim.ie (paid subscription) has backing tracks that you can use with a melody instrument.