Good trip guaranteed - far out

Good trip guaranteed - far out

What is it about tunes with ‘trip’ in the title that seemingly makes them failsafe? On the jig side of the house there are The Trip to Athlone and The Trip to London amongst many other crackers. And on the reel side of the house the riches are even greater; The Trip to Cullenstown, The Trip to Birmingham and peak trip with full on visuals - The Trip to Nenagh. Has there ever been a tune with ‘trip’ in the title that wasn’t a good trip?

Big stone groove.

Re: Good trip guaranteed - far out

‘Trip to the Quarry’ doesn’t thrill me.

Posted by .

The Trip to Durrow rocketh. ‘Trip the to Quarry’ has eluded me so far GW.

I like playing Trip to Sligo on the harp. Slowish and mysterious, but not too slow to dance. In the Before Times we would play. Paddy’s Trip to Scotland in our session. Also The Trip We Took Over the Mountain, but it’s not one of my favorites. YMMV.

Oh, yeah. Trip to Skye sounds pretty good on the harp too.

Hmmm. Misread that last one as ´Trip to Skype´! I fear covid-quarantine is taking its toll! 🙂

Trip to the Cottage - though for me its always seemed more like a functional jig to play in a ceilidh band set than a brilliant tune in its own right.

Does Tripping Up The Stairs count?

Ah yes! I too was thinking of Tripping Up The Stairs…

…now that you’ve included that, may I suggest (s)TRIP THE WILLOW?

All the best
Brian x

The Trip to the Jacks might be the outcome of a duff pint.

I don’t know about that Brian. Your risk opening the floodgates if you start putting letters into brackets. Someone will be suggesting The (s)Trip(e) Reel next.

I like the tune Trip to Dumpster by David Surrette, but I haven’t been able to find the music. Might have to write it out.

Nice one Tony