For Sale: Casey Burns Small Handed Folk Flute "D"

For Sale: Casey Burns Small Handed Folk Flute "D"

I am selling a Casey Burns “small handed” D blackwood 3-piece folk flute. The flute is in excellent condition with no cracks. There is a slight blemish on the head-joint. It plays nicely and is great value for the money. It is in good tune and has a clear tone with good volume.

The folk flute was well known for good value but, sadly, it is no longer being made. Folk flutes like this have been sold recently for close to $500, on Irish music sites and on eBay.

Casey says: “… for small hands, nothing else exists that can compare with mine for comfort. If your hands are on the small side, and especially if you have issues with such things as arthritis or tendonitis, or simply want a flute that doesn’t require you to spread your fingers much, select one of my flutes.”

The flute will come in a three-sleeved cloth pouch with Velcro sealers. It comes with a crown on the head joint, which is not a standard feature. I am asking $395 plus $20 shipping in the USA. If you don’t like the flute, sent it back and I will refund your money except for the shipping fees.

I will be happy to send pictures on request. Here is a link to Casey Burns’ site, with extensive discussion of the folk flute: http://www.caseyburnsflutes.com/ff.php

Re: For Sale: Casey Burns Small Handed Folk Flute "D"

I’d like to buy it, and sent you a pm.

Posted by .

Re: For Sale: Casey Burns Small Handed Folk Flute "D"

Sorry - the one advertised here has been spoken for. However, I do have another "Casey Burns" blackwood "D" small handed flute, with a head joint made by a different, and esteemed, maker of contemporary wooden flutes. This flute is selling for more money, commensurate with its value. It is rare and it is like new. It plays with clarity, volume, and with perfect tuning.

It is a splendid player. It is still quite a bargain. Email for more details and if you’d like some pictures. Thanks— David