what is the name of this tune

what is the name of this tune

playing this tune for many years, I dont know it’s tittle

Re: what is the name of this tune

Umm?
Welcome r.delcourt. Can you perhaps give us a clue regarding the tune whose title you seek?

Do you have a YouTube video/SoundCloud link or a transcription of the tune? What origin (Irish? Scottish? English?) What time signature?
Knowing any of these could help us identify the tune.

That’s a tough one. Without a bit more information I haven’t a clue. Until then I’ll call it,
"Maybe after I hear it?"

Posted by .

When in doubt, Gan Ainm….

Posted by .

Melmo, don’t you want to at least know something about the tune? I don’t come here to not hear yet another tune someone has played for years. Unless of course it’s another John Cage composition which I have never heard & it’s been here a long time now.

Posted by .

The odds of finding which tune the OP is wanting a name for is about 1 in 20,000; give or take a few hundred.
I’ll wait til the poster returns. 🙂

Posted by .

@AB,

Oh I am very curious about this cryptic post! Though I bet if you search the countless Gan Ainms in the tunes section, you will probably find some old favourites or common tunes tucked in between them! 😉

Posted by .

The Kesh?

I think it’s Turkey in the Straw.

It’s title is “What”. You said so yourself.

I know.

Something cryptic here? Why would you write, ‘playing this tune for many years, I dont know it’s tittle’, instead of ‘Playing this tune for many years, I don’t know its title’. What is the hidden meaning in the four errors in the original posting? I think we should be told!

Posted by .

Cut her/him some slack, Bazza. The OP’s first language is almost certainly French.

Posted by .

Sorry GW (and r.delcourt). Not being picky: just amused by the mystery surrounding the question.

Posted by .

Who’s on first?

Hi r.delcourt, When you say you play traditional tunes, is that French Traditional music, this site is principally Irish traditional music, someone might know the name of the tune though.

Thank you jeff_lindqvist.
Now I know.
Then I saw that there was already a discussion about this tune (https://thesession.org/tunes/11289)
Excuse my English (The OP’s first language is almost certainly French.) : Yes
Nice day to all

Thank you AB
I love the first one:"Waltzing Through the Leaves".