Site to store personal abcs

Site to store personal abcs

Is anyone aware of a site where you can store personal (i.e. private) abcs (and has the functionality thesession.org has with displaying staff notion live when updating?).

Would be useful as often I like to store variations of tunes which are local or from a recording but are not sufficiently different to warrant a new setting here.

I might put it together if one doesn’t exist.

Re: Site to store personal abcs

One idea that comes to mind is to store your ABCs locally in a file and view it with something like EasyABC. Also, you could keep your ABC file on GitHub to track its history of modifications and make it available to others.

Posted by .

+1 vote for EasyABC

Paul Rosen set up a basic abc editor, storage site with abc tune book import/export/share features. You can use it for your tune book with a free account. I actually uploaded your tunebook to test it. http://www.drawthedots.com/ Strictly basic editor w/out playback.

Posted by .

Great that is exactly what I’d like! Cheers! Easy abc is great, but I like storing things automatically on the web 🙂

I use EasyABC on my various PCs/Macs and Trad Musician on my Android phone and tablet but store the .abc files in Dropbox so I can access all of them on any of my tech.

I just received an email about drawthedots.com
Draw The Dots ~ End of life

"After 10 years, the website drawthedots.com will be shutting down soon.
The database shows that you have saved some tunes to the site. This
email contains all of the data that is associated with your email
address. The database will also be preserved for a short time to make
sure no one loses any desired tunes.

There are a number of other online sites that allow you to convert ABC
into sheet music. One possibility for you is
https://editor.drawthedots.com .

If you have any questions or concerns please respond to this email. You
are receiving this email because you used this email address to sign up
for an account on drawthedots.com. This email is the only email that
will be sent unless you respond."

Thanks! Sincerely,
Paul Rosen

Posted by .

Oh that’s a shame, good thing I didn’t spend too much time putting my tunes up there! Thanks for letting me know. I decided to add personal storage for abc sheet music on my own website in the end (not public yet) but maybe one day it will evolve into something useful for others…