Been a While

Been a While

Hello, all, I’ve been out of touch for a bit but now I’m back… How y’all been?

Did "The Mighty Craic" ever happen? Are submissions still being accepted?

-Jeff

Re: Been a While

Jeff! Welcome back! I’ve been waiting on a couple people who said they were sending tracks but have not so far (ahem, ahem, y’all know who you are!). So get it in now while you can. *grin*

Where ya been?

Zina

*ouch* - I would be one of those who said they were sending their tracks and didn’t. My only defense is that I went off to camp and learned so much that I just have to re-record everything. I mean, the tunes I’m doing are jigs, and now they almost make you feel like dancing! Hmm, perhaps that’s a bit bold - don’t expect too much, you had to have heard me before to understand.

I promise on my new fiddle (not only went to camp but went on a spending spree, wheee!) to get the recording off to you this week. I have to go do real work to pay those credit card bills, but maybe tomorrow I’ll have time to write up the camp over in that other thread.

-s

Hey, when y’all finally get the mighty craic recorded who do I need to contact to get a copy? It sounds like grand fun!

Thomas

Well, Thomas, where’s YOUR tracks? *grin* C’mon now, the more the merrier.

Once I get the e-copies burned into a disc for Kerri, she’ll try to get them engineered down to where they sound at least remotely like the tracks belong on the same recording (we hope) and then we’ll let everyone know how to get a cd. It’s also been suggested that we turn the CD into a batch of MP3s and throw them up on a website — no troubles there, and as soon as we have the tracks, it’ll be done. πŸ™‚

Zina

I would be another delinquent craic-head, I fear. I am willing enough, but I can’t seem to get it together to get recording equipment. I have a Mac, so that should work well enough, but the rest of the hardware has me stumped. Also, I just signed the purchase & sale on a house and not really in a position to buy mics and compressors or what-have-yous… (Heck, I am not even buying whistles these days). Sorry! And I have been practising, too… =(

well, I would submit a track - only my primary instruments are rhythm guitar and the highland pipes…so I lose on both counts…

A track of my guitar playing might be interesting if you layered a tune over the top, but that’s ridiculous. Of course highland pipes don’t really belong, and my flute, bones, bodhran, and whistle skills are really pretty substandard.

Thomas

*sigh* C’mon guys, don’t be shy.

Manfred, why don’t you just send in a cassette tape? And Thomas, why not layer yourself with guitar and pipes? It works well enough for Clandestine… πŸ™‚

Zina

Admit it. You’re all clicking away trying to think of good nouns and adjectives now, aren’t you? πŸ™‚

zls

Tune name generator

The Zina of the Molloney Brad
The Belfast Fiddle by the Roaring Brad
The Burning Fiddle
Belfast Fiddle of the Burning Zina
The Quick Wheat in the Molloney Fiddle

so you like the generator then?

I think instead of using just adjectives and nouns, you might want to add "descriptives", proper nouns, and the use of a optional color. Although the mental picture of a roaring Brad is kind of appropro. *giggle*

But it’s fun for a laugh, sure, Searai!

Zina

so you like the generator then?

Didn’t mean to repeat myself there… who knows what’ll happen for the next bit of it πŸ™‚ Descriptives? Not quite sure I know what u mean. Colour wouldn’t be too hard I don’t think…

Well, I started classes 2 nights a week and I’m in 2 bands, so in order to have any time at all I think I have to quit my job.

Bloomfield - "Delinquent Craic Heads" - ROFLMAO!! That gives me an idea for the 2nd Session CD - "Smoking Craic" (!!)

Jeff

Heh. Lars, yes I got your e-mail — I haven’t had a chance to listen to the track yet — we’re trying to buy a house and sell our house at the same time, all sort of last minute. Long story. πŸ™‚ I’m leaving for SF for a few days to see my family this Thursday, too…

Zina