Sessions in London.

Sessions in London.

So, we are to be allowed back inside the pub on Monday!
Hooray!
Do you think that this will mean sessions can return to normal?
I believe there will still be ‘the rule of six’ but six people at two tables seems about right.
I suppose it depends on how scared people are of either infringing some detail in the law &/ or catching the Plague, both of which seem decreasingly significant threats now!

Re: Sessions in London.

At our session the consensus on the zoom calls is maybe a few garden sessions before possible return to the pub later in June.

"I suppose it depends on how scared people are of either infringing some detail in the law &/ or catching the Plague, both of which seem decreasingly significant threats now!"
No, depends on the pub owner, and the advice / instruction he may get from his insurers.

Posted by .

I’m not expecting a return to normal any time soon at tuther end of the country (Cumbria) & with the variants possibly now rising exponentially in East Lancs. (& London) I personally can only see the pubs returning to the situation we had last summer (i.e. rule of six and no live music) until we can actually see how it all pans out. The warnings from the BMA from the quacks this morning said it all regarding ‘The Johnson’s’ premature easing of the lockdown - so it’s still very much a wait and see time folks, but hey what’s new with this pandemic and our government.

"Do you think that this will mean sessions can return to normal?"
I cannot say what it means for sessions in London. From the misaligned guidelines I’ve heard "here" this week (CDC vs. California) I do my best to be patient & not get excited by announcements which seem too good to be true. If it’s a choice now between playing outdoors or playing indoors, only to have it turned back later,
I’m happy with the former.

Posted by .

"I cannot say what it means for sessions in London."

Neither can I, being based in Wales these days. But here, we managed to have one session in a marquee at the back of a pub before they lost their marquee to high winds the following day. In theory, from next week, pubs are allowed to have customers indoors, but this particular pub does not have the space for an appropriately distanced session of more than about 4 people (It is a beautifully preserved 17th Century inn, divided into several small ‘snugs’). Outdoor (i.e. uncovered) sessions are not really an option here, given the unreliability of the weather – this spring has been particularly erratic, with warm sunshine, snow, hail, rain and gales all within less than a fortnight. London probably gets off a bit more lightly in meteorological terms, but its weather is still famously British.

I wouldn’t even think about going to the session, Creadur. But only because I feel better knowing the 4 musicians playing indoors should be deserving & I’m not worthy. Best to you with unpredictable things like sessions & famous weather.

Posted by .

no news here in the London-adjacent south east. but the pub have said we can turn up and play in the garden, shame it’s bloody freezing eh.

Posted by .

Well, I had an invite to a session for tonight in London but I’ve had to turn it down due to food poisoning. I won’t say where it is as there is a limit to the number of musicians.