A question about Jimmy Shand’s earliest recordings

A question about Jimmy Shand’s earliest recordings

Hi.
Lots of Jimmy Shand’s recordings are available on YouTube and Apple Music. But I saw when looking at Nigel’s Web site that there are some sets, such as the MSR Argyll Gathering/Lady MacBeth’s Strathspey/The Marquis of Tullybardine’s Reel, that I wouldn’t have known about at all had I not looked at the site and which I am curious to listen to.
I know there are quite a few 78 RPMS archived: does anyone know if this is the case for Jimmy Shand as well? I’m assuming that if much of his material is available but not others, it would mean that some were never re-mastered.
Thanks!

Re: A question about Jimmy Shand’s earliest recordings

With Shand’s links to Parlophone (label) and GH Martin (producer), I’d expect there’d be hyper-completist Beatles fans out there who would know all this peripheral info surrounding their heroes.

Thank you. I’m just getting back here now and will check out these links.
Funnily enough, I did mention to one of my friends, a Beatles fan, that they both recorded for Parlophone.

Jimmy Shand’s recording career was long and prolific, starting in 1933. Many of his 78 rpms were released on 7 inch, 10 inch and 12 inch vinyl, particularly the Beltona sides, and even later on CDs. My discography hasn’t been updated for years (I haven’t had the time, frankly) and I’ve lost touch with all the CD releases.

You can download Shand’s first recording session from:
http://themusicgatherer.blogspot.com/2013/02/jimmy-shand-first-recording-session.html

Thanks so much, Nigel, for the link. (As an aside, I love the term "doonload." I have not come across it on any other Scottish Web sites!)

Yeah, Thanks Nigel. I’m a big Jimmy Shand fan but didn’t know about that one.

Posted by .

To be clear, that’s not an official release, but something I put together myself.

Great stuff. Much appreciated.

Posted by .

Was Jimmy Shamd ever at Willie Clancy summer school?

Thank you!