For Sale - Custom B/C Suzuki SCX-48 Chromatix chromatic harmonica

For Sale - Custom B/C Suzuki SCX-48 Chromatix chromatic harmonica

I’m selling a I’m selling a custom Suzuki SCX-48 Chromatix chromatic harmonica that I had custom built for me by Gary Lehman at Suzuki specifically to emulate a B/C box.

It’s essentially a B-tuned chromatic harmonica with the slide reversed, so that with the slide out, the instrument is in the key of C. With the slide in, it shifts to the B row. This is the reverse of standard chromatic harmonica operation, normally the slide would raise the pitch a half-step.

I had it built specifically to see if I could leverage both my wind and B/C box playing skills to play chromatic harmonica. It was a successful experiment, but pretty much after I gave it a try, I put it in the case and haven’t played it since. I maybe put a couple of hours on it in total while I’ve had it.

I’m offering it for sale for $250.00 plus insured shipping (only willing to ship in the USA).

Like any modern chromatic harmonica, it’s recommended that you warm it up before playing it, otherwise you can get condensation on the reed plate and the modern mylar valves can tend to stick. I’d generally would do this by leaving it on a heating pad on low for a few minutes before playing. that I had custom built for me by Gary Lehman at Suzuki specifically to emulate a B/C box.

It’s essentially a B-tuned chromatic harmonica with the slide reversed, so that with the slide out, the instrument is in the key of C. With the slide in, it shifts to the B row. This is the reverse of standard chromatic harmonica operation, normally the slide would raise the pitch a half-step.

I had it built specifically to see if I could leverage both my wind and B/C box playing skills to play chromatic harmonica. It was a successful experiment, but pretty much after I gave it a try, I put it in the case and haven’t played it since. I maybe put a couple of hours on it in total while I’ve had it.

I’m offering it for sale for $250.00 plus insured shipping (only willing to ship in the USA).

Like any modern chromatic harmonica, it’s recommended that you warm it up before playing it, otherwise you can get condensation on the reed plate and the modern mylar valves can tend to stick. I’d generally would do this by leaving it on a heating pad on low for a few minutes before playing.

Re: For Sale - Custom B/C Suzuki SCX-48 Chromatix chromatic harmonica

How do we navigate this transaction?

Posted by .

@hauke
Michael is in the midst of a short trip from Southern to Northern California & back, and stopping into a few sessions along the way. Try sending him a message through this board (hover over his name above, where it shows “Posted by Michael Eskin”). I’m sure he’ll respond when he checks in.

I’ve already sent hauke a private message last night.