Waltz name - Siansa Gael-Linn 2019

Re: Waltz name - Siansa Gael-Linn 2019

No idea what the waltz is called but a big thank you for posting the video! Superb ensemble playing - I even found myself cheering along with the audience at the playing of the reel at the end. Cracking stuff.

Sorry, can’t help you with the waltz either…but really enjoyed the video. Great stuff! Does anyone know the name of the last tune (a reel) beginning at about 9:07? Does anyone know of any recordings by this group?

I don’t know which tunes but maybe its possible to contact the band members? Check the post from 1 April 2019 (not its not a joke) on this page https://www.facebook.com/1565009500390796/posts/2671624686395933/

It mentions the members of this group and one member also replied in that post so it may be possible to contact this member and ask which tunes they were in case nobody manages to figure it out.

Dutchie - Thanks for the suggestion. Unfortunately, I’m not on facebook.

The reel at the end sounds familiar - but I just can’t place it. I’m constantly amazed to find an artist’s rendering of a tune (that I thought was new to me) and that really catches my ear…only to find out I’ve already heard it on multiple CDs/recordings - but just not played (I guess) in a way that made me take notice. I don’t know whether it has to do with the mood I’m in at the time of listening - or the talent of the artists. Perhaps a combination.

Thanks Nigel! Much appreciated.