Sweetheart Blackwood Flute $400

Sweetheart Blackwood Flute $400

Up for sale is a Sweetheart Blackwood 2 piece Flute with Rings
As you can see in one of the Photos the Flute has a Plastic and Cork slide which is fully adjustable
The Flute sounds great, has good volume and is easy to play.
At $400 this Flute is a very good value, new they are $800
I can send you Photos
Ben Shaffer
bennc2@aol.com

Posted by .

Re: Sweetheart Blackwood Flute $400

Hey BenS, you should talk to that guy BenS, who was looking for a Sweetheart flute for a student a few days ago 😉

Did this really just happen?

I’m just trying to sell this Flute and I don’t appreciate people being rude and hijacking this Post
If you have questions about the Flute ask me.
I did just get this Flute but the young man I bought it for does not want to play now.
I played the Flute in the past, but play more Clarinet than anything else now, so I’m passing it on at a great price
OK? Can’t we stop with rude Posts

Posted by .

Hi BenS
I note your despair and feel sorry that you have been subjected to such comments and insinuations.
I hope that all resolves itself and the flute finds a happy new home.

All the best
Brian x

Hey Brian
Thanks for your kind words!
I don’t feel despair, more annoyance
I think everyone here would agree The Session deserves People that don’t attempt to make fun of other People
I do find it insulting for them to write Posts like that, but really it speaks more about their Character than anything else
Anyway the Sweetheart is a great sounding Flute
A small correction…… I said the slide was Plastic and Cork, its actually Wood and Cork, much like Terry McGee’s MDT Tenon
I would have no problem keeping it but given my lack of playing the Flute much these Days I just wanted to pass it on to someone else that would enjoy a nice Flute
Ive only really owned it a few Days

Posted by .

I’ve played a few of the Sweethearts. They are good flutes. ;

Posted by .

Hey AB, thanks for the comment on the Sweetheart Flute
For Flute Players if your experience with Sweetheart Flutes is the beginners Model I wouldn’t let that hold you back from considering the Blackwood model
Because its a Pro Level, Session ready Instrument and at $400 quite a good deal

Posted by .

I will apologize if my post came off as too snarky or making fun of you. The wink emoji was there to show you that it was a tongue in cheek comment, and I’m sorry if it annoyed you. In general, Irish musicians are subject to a lot of friendly slagging between musicians… That’s how we know we like each other!

Talking about why you’re selling the flute might have been a good thing in the original post, because it was three days from another post where you were looking to buy one of those flutes. So it conjured images of a Sweetheart flute grifter, or even that you bought the flute and hated it so much you were going to sell it a couple days later (without telling anyone that you hated it…). But honestly, I read the thread title, remembered the other thread and was going to help connect a buyer and a seller, but then was surprised that it was from the same person, and decided to comment on that… Sorry.

Thank You Reverend for your response!
After that post I take back my impuning your Character🙂 , I’m not one to hold a grudge🙂
My first Post was looking for a Flute for my Neighbors Son
I bought one for Him, the one I’m now selling, but the Dad does not want to pay $400 for a Flute.
I told him you get what you pay for….so at any rate I’m getting one less expensive for him and am giving him free Lessons to boot.
So not needing another Flute myself I’m offering it up for sale and I believe it would be a Flute any Irish Flute Player would enjoy playing

Posted by .

SOLD!

Posted by .

Ben; I bought your flute. It plays like a dream, is in the key of D, and is in excellent condition. It plays in tune and is a great instrument for the price. I have owned about 4 flutes in the past including a Terry McGee, an M& E from Ireland, and a Patric Olwell. This flute is a silent gem. Thank you for such a wonderful instrument.
Jim Wells
Session Leader
Dallas, Texas

Glad you like it Jim!

Posted by .