Irish Banjo Workshops - Zoom but with awesome audio!

Irish Banjo Workshops - Zoom but with awesome audio!

I’m running Zoom workshops in November on Irish tenor banjo techniques. I will cover in detail the essential foundation techniques for good banjo set up, pick hold, picking patterns, posture and other words beginning with P. An entire session dedicated to ornamentation, and culminating in a workshop on improving rhythm and flow - something that can be challenging on a tenor banjo.

The workshops take the form of live Q&A and discussion, individual analysis and feedback, and video demonstrations of each technique in high resolution video and audio.

Each participant will receive lifetime access to the recording of the entire workshop including all demonstration videos, and I will also provide support materials, tunes and exercises via the SoundSlice platform. Think 20 lessons all rolled into one jam packed Zoom session!

Spaces are limited so that small class sizes can be maintained, and individual technique analysis and feedback is possible.

To book and find out more, please go to https://rebrand.ly/banjothesession

Any questions? please ask and I will do my best to make up convincing sounding answers!!!!!

Re: Irish Banjo Workshops - Zoom but with awesome audio!

I need to buy a banjo.

It tempts me as well. I won’t, but it looks brilliant.

Posted by .

I have the banjo, the funds, the desire - but not the hands. Wrist fusion surgery this coming Saturday precludes signing up or otherwise I’d be right in there. I hope the opportunity comes around again. Drat. Timing is everything.

Hi Enda, Just signed up for all three, Sundays at 11 for me in TX (where I’m heading next week for the winter—it’s getting cold in MN!). I look forward to brushing up my banjo playing because I’ve been neglecting it for the fiddle. I’ll consider this the Irish music version of "cross-training." I once said (to myself) that my goal was to be able to play any tune I know on the banjo on the fiddle as well, and vice versa. But I’m a long way from that. See you next month on Zoom!