What’s this tune? (Probably Scottish)

What’s this tune? (Probably Scottish)

An accordion player friend of mine plays this tune (notated here from memory), which I can’t identify (I already tried Tunepal without any luck). It’s probably Scottish, since she plays a lot of Scottish music and she plays this in a set with another Scottish reel. Does anyone know what this tune is?

T:???
R:reel
M:C|
K:Ador
Bd | e2A2 a2aa | gfed e2A2 | G2GA B2d2 | cBAG ABcd |
e2A2 a2aa | gfed e2A2 | G2GA BGBd | e2A2 A2 :|
|: Bd | e2A2 A2BA | G2GA BGBd | e2A2 A2Bd | egfa gfed |
e2A2 A2BA | G2GA BGBd | egfa gfed | e2A2 A2 :|

Re: What’s this tune? (Probably Scottish)

I also saw that, but it’s different enough to be a different tune.

They sound quite similar but with slight differences, as you say.

Can your friend shed any light on the identity of the tune? If not the title, how or where she learned it?
It’s possible she may have learned by ear too as yourself. Without meaning to criticise either of your ear learning abilities, it is quite possible that one or two notes may have changed on the tune’s travels…

It’s not even changes of just a few notes from that tune, but rather big changes.
So no, I don’t even consider it related.
But it was the closest match that Tunepal could find (but only like 59% match which is quite bad).

My friend learnt this tune long ago (might be up to 45 years ago) and has no idea where she got it from. She has it on a piece of hand copied sheet music with no clues whatsoever as to its origin. She’s been playing Scottish and Irish music on the accordion since the 1970s. And she learns most tunes from sheet music, not by ear.