Mystery accordion player

Mystery accordion player

Drew a blank with this on "Youtube", so you guys can maybe help. Refer to the caption. Thanks in advance.
https://youtu.be/FNmAWQnA47Y

[ from one of your old tapes, Tom ]

Posted by .

Re: Mystery accordion player

I think it might be Seamus Shannon. The reels are played as most musicians in Ireland would play them.

Thanks for the suggestions, guys, but I don’t think we’re there yet. I think the compilation tape might have been made in the 1970s [ Tom can confirm, please ? ], so the recording might be 70s at the latest, but sounds to me possibly before that. I think it more likely to have been from a commercial recording than a live studio recording for a radio programme, but that is possible, again, Tom might remember.
Thanks Jeff for the 2nd tune. B/C, I think very possibly, but I don’t know about Joe Burke. Doesn’t sound like him to me, and I think I’ve heard just about any commercial recording he made.
There’s no listing here in "Recordings"of any pairing of "The Donegal Traveller" with "Phelim’s Frolics".
Seamus Shannon is a good suggestion "goose", I wouldn’t rule him out. I do have some but probably not all of his recordings - not on any one that I have heard.
Martin MacMahon - possibly, but did he ever make any commercial recordings ?
Listening again, do I hear a fiddle in there as well, playing almost note-for-note, or am I imagining it ?
To my mind, the piano style is very 60s, maybe even 50s .

Posted by .

John Clifford?

Posted by .

It is definitely not Joe Burke or Martin McMahon it is a BCC# three row how about Brendan Mulhaire.