The Cobblestone

Re: The Cobblestone

Yes, great bloody news that! Well done to everyone here in Ireland and abroad who lodged objections and signed the petition. Apparently the developers still have 4 weeks to lodge an objection to the refusal but fingers crossed they move on and don’t bother.

I read that this morning.

I hope this decision will not only save the physicial structure of the Cobblestone but will also increase the awareness of the pub and its activities, and make it more financially viable for the Mulligan family to continue this cultural hub.

That’s fantastic news for the Mulligan family and everybody interested in our music. Congratulations to all concerned.

Posted .

Happy news indeed!!!

Posted by .

A great Irish institution and a sensible decision all round; well done to everyone who made their voices heard on this issue.

A great victory! It’s also good to know that public opinion counts in some parts of the world.

This is delightful news. I was in Dublin on Nov. 30 and took part in the march that day. It was a marvelous experience and very effectively dramatized community support for the cobblestone.

The site will still be under development pressure. The organizers of the march propose developing it for housing, something Dublin desperately needs and which would support community.

Posted by .

I received a very nice email from Cllr Ray McAdam with updates about the current good news and future prospects -- I’m impressed that you have such thoughtful public servants serving your community. Could you spare a few to send over here to the States? 😉

“The organizers of the march propose developing it for housing, something Dublin desperately needs and which would support community.”

Good for them. It is too easy to romanticise the past and present and oppose any change whatsoever. Besides, I wouldn’t turn my nose up at a flat next door to The Cobblestone.

Thanks for the update on this, I had been wondering how it was going. Good news, indeed!

Excellent news!