tune q

tune q

Still no email capability here, limited internet access, so hopefully someone will know this probably very very obvious tune… Track 13 on Maiden Voyage Live at Pepper’s, first tune, listed as Sean Ryan’s, but doesn’t correlate with any of the Sean Ryan reels on here. It’s also the very last tune on the very last track on Danu’s first CD (‘Danu’) the Crosses of Annagh set…. tyvm!

Re: tune q

Already had this discussion, emily. Don’t know if my conclusions convinced anyone or not. Have a look for yourself. Type "Crosses Of Annagh" in to "search" in the discussions section.

Posted by .

Emily – the tune you are asking about has been posted. It’s one of the “Gan Ainm”s – the one in G posted on 11th March 2003 by Michael Bolton. There is more debate/discussion about the title and its’ origins in the “comments” section.
As far as I am concerned, based on the CD by whistle-player Gavin Whelan, it’s a reel called “The Aughacashel”, composed by Josie Keegan. Hope this helps.

Posted by .

How are your shoes and socks, Emily?

Posted by .

Hi Eliot, I posted a discussion about co-dependence in Irish music a few clicks ago, was surprised not to hear you chime in! ;) I’ve learned 5 new reels since I saw you, undertaken your regimen! This tune I’ll have ready before Dave gets here on Friday, basically already have it, & in exchange for room & board for a week, I’ve assigned him some painting, electrical work, computer tasks & most importantly, a minimum of teaching me one tune a day. Think he’ll miss us? Heh. :)

I was in Las Vegas over the last week, hence out of touch for the threads here — otherwise I would have said something. I also posted a thread on this a while back:

https://thesession.org/discussions/3108/comments#comment61383

If you want to give Dave some work to do, have him *learn* 5 tunes that he already knows.

Cheers!

—Eliot

Posted by .

Ah ok, now I get it

I just read the thread you mentioned…

It is really difficult to express a co-dependence in words — and to be understood.

I think the thread I posted above tells of the incident you mentioned in more detail.

Posted by .