GHB & Attorney General William Pelham Barr (Be careful what you click your mouse on)

GHB & Attorney General William Pelham Barr (Be careful what you click your mouse on)

You might want to heed my warning. This has nothing to do with Irish dance tunes nor playing session.
But it might bring a laugh & a handful of comments. It is what the title indicates.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-ooH-IQR-o

Don’t say I did not warn you.

Posted by .

Re: GHB & Attorney General William Pelham Barr (Be careful what you click your mouse on)

What country is that?

Re: GHB & Attorney General William Pelham Barr (Be careful what you click your mouse on)

I’m not sure. It’s probably somewhere in the District of Columbia.

edit: My bad. It’s on a YouTube channel by NBC New York. So the event was most likely staged in New York City, New York, USA. re-edit: Possibly in Queens.

Posted by .

Something something about about being used to working with a big bag off hot air

Yes, he was for many years a member of the City of Washington band, who were an excellent competing band. No idea what his engagement with piping has been like in recent years or currently, but he certainly was a more than decent player in his day.

Posted by .

Good effort, if you ask me. Don’t know what bit I was supposed to laugh at.

Barr was United StatesAttorney General under Presidents Bush and Trump. For those not familiar with the US government, the US Attorney General is the head of the Department of Justice and by law a member of the Cabinet. The AG is the chief lawyer for the federal government and advisor to the President on legal matters. Mr Barr has had a distinguished career, though not without controversy (to put it mildly) and has still found time to play the pipes avidly and well. He has undoubtedly heard all the “bag of hot air” jokes in the English language.

Posted by .

Danny, I was not suggesting what or who should be the reason for laughter. It’s good to laugh. I apologise if my OP is taken as a cut at Barr’s playing. I assure everyone it is not. There are many smiling faces on a few musicians and the people sitting behind Barr.

Maybe it’s more common in my country but I have noticed people often become ‘giddy’ when someone pulls out bagpipes indoors. I’ll leave it to everyone else to decide if some in the audience became giddy when Barr came back on the stage with his pipes. Yes, good effort, Danny.

Posted by .

Actually, FiddleJohn, your joke was very funny. I almost missed it until I just now reread all the replies. Maybe not as humorous if one does not know which one is the “big bag of hot air”. (Hint: It is not the Attorney General nor is it his bagpipes.)

Posted by .

Thanks, AB. I don’t think there is a bagpiper or a political type alive who hasn’t had the “bag of hot air” descriptor thrown their way. Combine the two demographics, and there’s no way not to hurl the tired old joke.

Re: GHB & William Barr

To me it doesn’t need to be aimed at either the piper or politicians in general. I get a keen sense of someone doing his best to not be disrupted from his tasks by a former reality TV showman, who is freaking out & whom Barr reported to at the time. The acknowledgment that Bill Barr knows who is the biggest bag of air gives me hope & is a breath of fresh air for what otherwise might be a stale, old joke.

He can handle any bag of air. 🙂

Posted by .