Citterns on ice?

Citterns on ice?

The download link for citterns on ice volume III has gone dead. It is one of my favourite
collections of pre-youtube music and I have my copy, but does anybody know of an alternate
download site? Somebody who has it who can host it? What about volumes I and II? I was
never able to find a copy anywhere, are they lost forever? This was all before my time,
but at least one active member here is on volume III CD, maybe he remembers something
from way back when? https://cittern.home.xs4all.nl/citterncd.htm

Re: Citterns on ice?

Seems like you’re a bit shaken (if not stirred) about it 😛

I remember those recordings, but don’t have a copy, unfortunately. And every reference I could find was pointing to an archive that doesn’t exist anymore. Hopefully, someone here might have copies!

I agree, I’d love to find these again. I may have physical copies of the CDs stashed away somewhere. I had tracks on two of them.

Hi all,
that website is mine. Long ago abandoned.
I have the mp3’s available, but not for download.
They were all on free webspace, and I lost the race to move them.
The CD’s are not exactly public domain because some tracks are by professional artists, and probably some material is under copyright. So, I don’t plan to put the files on youtube or on a website.
The purpose was to learn from how all members approached their instrument.

Send me an email to thony@********.nl where ******* stands for the instrument’s name.
I will post the files on Wetransfer in a few days, and send you a download link.
Kind regards,
Thony

Posted by .

I am pretty sure that our host Jeremy is on one of the CD’s.

Posted by .

Any citterns on ice in Tasmania would be remanded in custody, without bail, until their hearing!

All the best
Brian x

It is actually Citterns on ICE.
The late Han Speek worked at the Technical University of Twente in de department called ICE.
He used a server for a mail exploder program to connect cittern lovers. Before the rest of us had homepages.
That got out of hand, and later it was transferred to the Cloud. The last one was on Yahoogroups.
Alas, that is lost.
On the last CD there is a track made with a cittern of ice. A wooden neck and steel strings, but the rest made entirely of ice. Played by Roger Landes, sounded really good.

Posted by .