Name of this hornpipe?

Name of this hornpipe?

Does anybody recognise this? It’s a hornpipe used for clog dancing for which we have the stand in title The Sailor’s Rest
X:1
T:Sailor’s Rest
M:4/4
R:Hornpipe
K:G
d2 |: (3gag (3ded (3BdB G>B | d>g g>f g>f e>d | (3efg d>B c>B A>G | c2 A2 A2 d2 |
(3gag (3ded (3BdB G>B | d>g g>f g>f e>d | (3efg d>B c>A F>G |1 G2 B2 G2 d2 :|2 G2 B2 G2 A>G ||
|: F>G A>B c>e d>c | B>G B>d g>b a>g | (3efg d>B c>B A>G | c2 A2 A2 d2 |
F>G A>B c>e d>c | B>G B>d g>b a>g |(3efg d>B c>A F>G| 1 G2 B2 G2 A>G :|2 G2 B2 G4 ||

Re: Name of this hornpipe?

I knew there was something English about the tune.

Re: Name of this hornpipe?

It’s weird that the fiddle player I got this from - our friend Peter - seemed fairly sure that this wasn’t the real name of the tune - but then it turned out to be that it was the real name, or one of them at least. I think he is like me in that he has collected tunes from all over the place for many years. I would struggle sometimes to remember exactly where I first encountered a tune. I have thousands of them out of which I doubt if I really attempt to play more than about 300-400. Quite often somebody at our local session plays a new tune so I look on sites such as this for any versions that have already been worked out by anybody.

I think I’ll keep looking to see if I can track down the origins of the G version. Also the F version has some quite nice bits to it so when I have a couple of spare hours I think I’ll try to get that worked out too