The wonder of music & dance.

The wonder of music & dance.

I was just listening to one of our fellow members busking to a very fun interpretation of a song on piano (instrumental). It wasn’t trad. The song is “Unchained Melody” by one of the Righteous Brothers. I’m filled & brimming over with joy. I find myself frequently turning to music & dance because it’s just what we all need.
It’s what I need. We need it so much right now! I love Irish music & dance. But what I also appreciate is people who love the music they play & dance with (doesn’t have to be Irish; nor even trad). That also is beautiful.

Oftentimes the expectation of on this forum is each new discussion should ask a question. I’m not asking a question but I would invite anyone who wants to speak about the joy you find in (any) music & dance; please do! I believe it is an important part of what we need for pleasure, joy, sanity, peace of mind, sharing and caring.

That’s all I have to say. Except to say, ‘Thanks for any replies!’

AB

Posted by .

Re: The wonder of music & dance.

“Oftentimes the expectation of on this forum is each new discussion should ask a question.”

Wot, no question? No arguments?
Disappointed.
Can’t be a proper The session.org discussion without a good argument.

Is this a 5 minute argument or the full half hour?

Good on you AB, it’s great to remind ourselves just how much joy and fulfilment there is in music.

//Can’t be a proper The session.org discussion without a good argument.

Well, Danny, you were wrong when you told me that if you suck on the m-brochure, you get the semitones. I might be a fiddler, but I ain’t dumb.

Still likes me music and dance, though.

Even though music and I have a very healthy and beautiful relationship today, it hasn’t always been this way. Mostly because music never really was my first choice. I adore music, and it would be the greatest lie ever told to claim that it hasn’t been the most significant element of my life; but it always seemed to me more like a means to an end, rather than the end itself. With that being said, I believe that if I had received the same nurturing and support as I did for music, I very well could’ve been a dancer instead; With all of that same love, appreciation, and enthusiasm for music.

Now that I have re-established my relationship with piano, and music in general, I’ve decided that I am going to pursue recreational dancing, to take that relationship all the way up to the stars! Even though dancing is it’s own art form, I believe it’s explicit connection to music may afford me a pathway into the art form. I just signed up to the online academy that I decided to join, this last week. Eventually, I will be writing choreographies to all of my favorite, most irresistible songs. Exciting times!

Re: The wonder of music & dance. ~*Exciting times!*

Thank you, Jerone. You made my day twice; yesterday & today.

Posted by .

I’ve always loved dance tunes & grew up with Jimmy Shand 78s & ballets on television. All my adult life I’ve regularly attended either English country dance classes or Scottish country dances. My favourite classical composer is Lully, a dancer who wrote for dancers. I love the lilt and beat of dance music, which lifts my heart.

Thanks, AB, for the chance to say so.

Cheers, Mollie! Good to hear from you again.

Posted by .