Happy birthday Dennis Cahill

Happy birthday Dennis Cahill

It’s Dennis Cahill’s birthday today. I hope he is well and planning to release more music or come visit us here in the UK and play his guitar!

Re: Happy birthday Dennis Cahill

That’s very kind of you but I’ve heard Dennis is far from well at the moment.

Posted by .

Wishing him strength.

One of my favourite musicians. Sad to hear he’s not keeping well. Martin Hayes and Denis Cahill
together i think are the perfect combination of melody player and accompanist.

Posted by .

Chatted with him briefly at Orkney FF a few years ago and he said he was tired of touring, needed a break after 30 years of it. Hope he pulls through. A fine musician on mandolin and guitar, restrained and intuitive.

Posted by .

What a musician - as you mentioned, Bren, exceptional mandolin player. Every time I see/hear a mandolin player I think of a piece he played solo at a gig in Chicago twentysomething years ago; have not heard the likes before or since. Wishing him the best.

A fine player, I hope will tour again soon!

I’m sad to report that Dennis passed away yesterday, Monday.

He will be deeply missed.

Posted by .

Ar dheis Dé go raibh a anam, heart breaking news.

Yes I just saw this on FB - I had no idea he was sick and appeared to have a good few years in him yet - another one gone before their time……………..

A great loss. Such an empathetic and musically intelligent player. Great ideas, innovative but grounded

Posted by .

Such a wonderful musician and sympathetic player. He and Martin really had something incredibly special together. It seems we’ve lost a number of great ones in the past couple of years. RIP Dennis. You will be greatly missed.