Zina Lee is alive and …well?

Re: Zina Lee is alive and …well?

I’ve been enjoying Zina’s company while she’s here. We’ve been playing tunes like mad weasles at the pub and then going for pizza… or donuts. I’m the pizza advocate, but if I drink more than her she can talk me into donuts. For this reason I get her drunk first. Donuts after drinking Guinness all night is not a pretty site… if you catch my drift. 😉

true life example here, folks, of the real live community dow speaks of in the previous thread. Internet persons visiblize and carry on in real life situations. hurray for Gilder and Lee.
I had the lucky experience of connecing up with Will Harmon and some of his cronies in Montana this summer and it was heart warming indeed……hurray for internet and common ground

and hurray for donuts, pizza, and beer too

I’m pleased to hear that Zina’s father is keeping a little better and look forward to hearing from her again.
Jack, can you not get her to a terminal just to say "Hello" to us, in the meantime?

I couldn’t ever doubt that Zina is anything other than alive and well! She always figures that way in the Session.

We look forward to hearing from her again soon.

Sue

LOL — I can’t decide if some of you should be kissed or slapped! *smirk* Rather specifically, Jimmy Troy and Jack Gilder, the rest of you can consider yourselves kissed. I suppose you deserve both, the pair of you! ;) But I get to slap and THEN kiss. *snort*

So, hello! Heh.

Dad is getting better every day, he’s staying at my sister’s in San Jose, and I come down every other day or so to give her a break, but I’m staying at my dad’s (no net access), cleaning up the old homestead to try and make it habitable for when he’s ready to live on his own again (cross your fingers!).

I indeed miss you all, and hope to get back online regularly (and incidentally, return home to Denver) beginning of next month, but we shall see.

Jack, I gotta get back up there for a session before I leave, plus Kevin’s promised me a lesson. Jimmy Troy, blessings on your shiny pointed head, thanks for letting people know I’m still alive. 🙂

Zina

Slapped and kissed…. hmmm I guess I’m supposed to say something like, "Yes Mistress Zina."

LOL — Jack, you wish. Kerri, that’s is HILARIOUS! And somehow also extremely unsettling, but I’m not quite sure why.

Scrub scrub scrub. I’m off!

Well, make sure you get your tickets well in advance. It’s the hottest show since Cats.

That’s right… and "Beard of Flames" will be having it’s debut at the Ennis Trad Fest this year.

I guess I’ll have to wait until the show goes on tour. :^(

You don’t have to wait Kerri, there’s already a DVD and infomercial coming out about the making of "Beard of Flames." Jimmy Troy’s the narrator.

Oh, Goody!

Zina dear,
How the divil are you? Have missed you soooo much. Joe Quinn

Posted by .

Zina how are you?

Joe Quinn

Posted by .

Nice to see you again, Zina. We met some 7 or 8 years ago in a stone cottage in North Wales, together with That would be an ecumenical matter, Dow, Ottery, Orson Carte and others. (I was a gatecrasher of sorts.)

I seem to remember that your words of encouragement many years ago on this site played a part in making me stick at the fiddle. I’m still sticking at it. If anyone complains, I’ll send them your way 😉

I used to be called spoon, among other things.

This all has me puzzled. I mean, this is a 10 year old thread right? The only bit that makes sense to me now are the words, "That would be an ecumenical matter".

Posted by .

I was at a session a few weeks ago where the main man (a piper) was someone I hadn’t seen for 6 years, or maybe even 7. He played at my daughter’s wedding for me nearly 20 years ago, and I played with him & his brother in a loosely organised folk group between 25 & 30 years ago. C’mon Gobby, 10 years is just the blink of a bloodshot eyeball in the world of music!

I’m puzzled t00, now you point that out. I thought it was current. How did J.J. come to be commenting on a 10-year-old thread?

"10 years is just the blink of a bloodshot eyeball in the world of music!"

You’re right, Alexander. But it’s a whole epoch in the world of internet forums.

"How did J.J. come to be commenting on a 10-year-old thread?"….. That would be an ecumenical matter!

Posted by .

Zina became a member of the forum violinist.com in 2008, when she was active in posting. I joined violinist.com in 2010 but I do not recollect any postings by her from that time onwards - but I may be wrong of course. According to violinist.com she is still a member in good standing.

We all know that Zina is STILL (10 years later) alive and well. Can we move on? This dead horse surely needs no more flogging.

Posted by .