O’Carolan’s Concerto

O’Carolan’s Concerto

I’m puzzled When I start to play the requested tune (or any other tune) it plays at a VERY fast pace. Is there a way of slowing down the tune. Thank you
Norman

Re: O’Carolan’s Concerto

Crops-posted with Michael.

Not directly, Norman. This has been discussed here very recently. The tempos are set kind of to an average - for some tunes it will be too fast and some others too slow. The audio is really just there to give you some idea of what the tune sounds like rather than as a learning tool.

You are much better trying to find a real version on YouTube and setting the tempo to what you desire/require through the Settings cog.

I don’t see any problem with the playback of O’Carolan’s concerto. I’ve definitely heard it at that speed on some recording.

The app "A’ la mode" will download any song from the Session, play back at any speed you adjust it to and with various instruments (thank God!), and can be set to repeat indefinitely. It also shows the page with dots for quick referral, AND can transpose if requested! I use it daily and love it. I can’t say which phones or tablets it works on for sure, though.