Susie Cox RIP

Susie Cox RIP

Many of you will be sad to hear that Susie Cox, Miltown Malbay passed away on Monday 20th June 2022. She herself grew up in England. Her Mum was one of the Casey’s from Miltown Malbay and her Dad, Cox from Roscommon. She was great fun. A lady of many talents. She played the concertina, was a lovely singer, a fantastic cook, a fabulous host. A lady of great taste. There was nothing she didn’t know or couldn’t do. She once sent me an apron she hand sewed in the post. So generous and thoughtful. A character! We all loved her and will miss her dearly especially during the Scoil samhraidh Willie Clancy. RIP Susie. Glasses will be raised to you in Friels! Manys the stool you kept for us with your big coat, bag and concertina case!!

Re: Susie Cox RIP

I had great tunes with Susie at Milltown and Feakle many times. I knew her as a fine concertina player and an intelligent and sweet person – but I am not surprised that she had other talents. She will be much missed. RIP.

Susie always went out of her way to make me feel welcome during my visits to Miltown Malbay. She was a kind person and will be missed. RIP Susie.

Posted by .

We are saddened to hear the news. Haven’t seen Susie several years now, but have fond memories of late night sessions with her at Gleeson’s, the Crosses, the Blonde’s, and Friel’s . Rollicking drives back to Miltown after a night of drinking and music. Also, fabulous afternoon teas with butter laden pastries. Our sincere condolences to Jackie and all who loved her. Helen and Roger

Posted by .