frequency

frequency

How often do you feel you have to post something here to be connected?

I was active in the early summer, blown away really by the energy and the possibilities, however I found it was a lot of work to keep up. I wasn’t sleeping, eating, playing music, OR going to work because the sophisticated friendly nature of this discussion board lured me, compulsed me to respond to……."it"

but of course it is not an it,
it is

you and me, and me again, and you, and you……

Sessionorg begged me in my dreams to open it’s ochre and tan pages to find out if anyone had responded directly to my last post.

Further, had Q or Dow or Lord of the Flies or Batlady recently submitted? What new sessions ahd just been posted?

What kinds of discussion were continuing regarding Pinch of Snuff or Floweres of Edinburgh?

WHat did Jane think about what Jack said?

And mostly,had so -and so _________ (fill in the blank)surfaced recently?

So, how often is often enough? How good is good, and wHY whY HwY is the SKy Blue ?

Re: frequency

I submitted a similar discussion a few months back after eventually starting to submit tunes.
Jeremy and most people here agree that there’s no pressure on any one here to do anything. If we wish to "lurk", so be it.
Actually, I’ve been a little busy this last couple of months but, from today, I’ll have a lot more time. I’ll be concentrating a lot more on my music but you might just see a few more tunes submitted. :-)

lurk…
lurk…
lurk…

i’m practising my lurking technique

Once every three weeks. Thats about 550 nanohertz.

Ah, the rain must be pounding against your windows, Veronica. I knew you’d show up again when you entered The Tunnel (aka winter on the coast). Time for staying inside, having potluck dinners and playing music. And hanging out on the computer way more than is healthy…

I abstained for a couple of months and found it difficult to get into the swing again. With 80 new discussions or so each week I can’t keep track. I’ll just manage to say hello now and then.

Posted by .

i try to not stay up on all the topics. and i dont like joining the already long ones, because i know what happens when you get addicted to long threads. i was at a forum once where they have a 11,931 page thread about NOTHING. i used to be up to date on most of the important threads there and that one. invariably, people get bored on the Longest Thread Ever as it is called, and end up doing crazy competitions within it, like who can get it to 15 hundred posts, who is the first in the morning, the last at night, etc. i think one day i checked it every 2 minutes for a couple hours. no more!

so i’ve learned to not let forums take over my life, haha. so i just read what i find is interesting and go back every other day or so to old threads i was in and ctl f my name to see where my last post was and if anyone talked afterwords. honestly, if way too many people talked afterwords, i’ll just ctl f my name a couple times to make sure no one said anything to me directly and then i just dont bother anymore.

glad to say this is one of those forums you can re adopt after abandoning it. other forums take too long to get into again.

Posted by .