Tunepal in the UK

Tunepal in the UK

Has anyone else seen that the app version of Tunepal has disappeared in the UK? Was trying to download this morning but no results on the App Store. Can still access the web version, but would be really handy to have the app.

Re: Tunepal in the UK

It still seems to be available on Google Play

Looks like it’s also off the US iOS App Store as well.

I’ll ask Bryan what’s up…

I suspect it’s an Apple problem, possibly the app is not meeting current standards or legal issues that Apple is having (or choosing) to operate under. Maybe needs updating or to meet certain privacy/permissions?

They are giving developers 90 days to update some older apps (guess how I know), not sure what’s going on with TunePal. He may have spaced on paying the $99 yearly Apple developer extortion payment, I mean fee, or some other silly thing. I bet it will be back up shortly.

Bryan is looking into it…

Folkfriend.app is a great alternative - works in a browser. Once used online once it downloads its library and will work without an internet connection. I use it all the time at sessions and find it quick and reasonably accurate. It is certainly more accurate than I’ve found Tunepal to be.

More information about the developer of Folkfriend.app:

https://wyllie.dev/#folkfriend

When Folkfriend works it does a very good job and is very fast, but there were several common tunes like Humors of Ballylouglin and Forde’s Polka that it would not recognize from my whistle playing that TunePal got on the first try. Nice to have multiple tune finding options!

It’s back on the iOS App Store!