All Ireland Fleadh Cheoil Competitions

All Ireland Fleadh Cheoil Competitions

Some of the competitions from Mullingar are being streamed live this coming weekend. Check the Fleadh Cheoil Facebook page.

Re: All Ireland Fleadh Cheoil Competitions

Facebook. Ugh!

Hugely commend Comhaltas in making the move to streaming (even if I’m a little bit concerned that this could impact the IRL events..). But making any content FB exclusive is not a welcome move.

@bigscotia - when I click that link… get message you must log in first. And two other links shared via Comhaltas same gateway block.

I deleted my Facebook a long time ago and not going back.

According to the details on the FB page , the streaming will also be on TG4 player as banjo 76543 says not just FB , so don’t worry FBphobes.

I’m not at all sure about this. Competitors at the All-Ireland Fleadh will be nervous enough in front of a Comhaltas judge, and what might be a fairly knowledgeable and judgemental audience, without having to worry about being broadcast world wide on the internet. I suppose nobody’s forcing them to do it [ there may be exceptions in the younger age groups, sadly ], but one can only hope that any filming will be done discretely.

Posted by .

I’m not at all sure about competitions per se Kenny.

I agree with you Kenny - especially for the younger players. I watched some of the 12-15 whistle competitors, and a few of them seemed very nervous indeed. To their credit though, the performances were all excellent. I don’t think that the added stress of a worldwide audience is doing them any favours, and I don’t think I’ll watch any more, except possibly the adult competitors. It just doesn’t sit right with me, even though it’s wonderful to see the breadth of talent while watching from Western Australia