Play Music on the Porch Day participants?

Play Music on the Porch Day participants?

I don’t see anything in the discussions. Is anyone here participating in Play Music on the Porch Day this year? (2022, for future reference)
I will probably pull out my flute and whistle to entertain the mosquitos on my deck in Yorktown, VA.

https://playmusicontheporchday.com/

Re: Play Music on the Porch Day participants?

For some reason the ‘Worldwide Map’ is limited the eastern state of the USA. I’ve added my location in London even though my porch is a bit small!

I didn’t know anything about it. Thanks for posting. I’ll see if I can get a crew together here in northern Greece.

We’ll play here in Viroqua, WI. Possibly less on my own front porch and more at the farmer’s market, but we’ll fit a few tunes in for the community like usual.

Thanks for the post. I am sending the word out to musician friends in Northern California

Our session group will be gathering on one of the player’s porch that day here in Saint John NB Canada!

Posted by .

Looks like this coincides with a neighborhood art walk in Lakewood, Colorado with music hosted by Carla Sciaky, with Harry Tuft, Julie Davis, Mollie O’Brien & Rich Moore, Carla Sciaky, Elena Klaver, Miriam Rosenblum, Eileen Niehouse with John & Peter Nielson - looks like an amalgamation of Denver Folklore Center, Swallow Hill Music Association and Mother Folkers folks.

https://glensartwalk.com/

I don’t have a porch but I’ll often have a tune on my balcony or on the nearby Promenade benches.
Also, outside the camper van on my travels.

I might if i remember

Posted by .

Will you not be heading for the other promenade, Johnny Jay, this Saturday? It’s the Edinburgh Big Beach Busk day!

Probably not, although I’ve sometimes gone along there for a walk.

I’ve never really considered myself a busker/entertainer in that sense and it’s also a hotch potch of genres at this event. I love playing music outdoors but it’s more for my own pleasure.

I am hosting my third annual PMOTPD Irish session on Saturday. First one in 2019 was on my front porch in Seattle. Next one was in 2021, at a local park because there wasn’t enough room on the porch to allow for social distancing (about 15 musicians), and we’ll be back there this year.

I live in Carleton Place, Ontario and just learned about this event yesterday in our local community newspaper. Our town is hosting a free PMOTP musical event on Saturday afternoon in a town park. Even though I have only been playing the violin for a little more than a year I am planning to offer some modest performance at the front entrance of our apartment building on the Saturday morning. I myself am 77 and most of my neighbours are seniors as well.
Tom

Wait a minute - “in a town park”? Starting to sound like those ‘ceilidhs’ and ‘kitchen parties’ that are actually concerts … oh, well - as long as no one loses an eye … !

Dear “meself”
I hear your implied critique of the “town park” venue and acknowledge its validity. That being said though I also acknowledge our town’s support for music and for an event that I had not even heard of until yesterday
Tom

Sure - don’t worry, I’m not taking the whole thing too seriously … !

I play on my porch every summer day here on Main St. Edgartown, on the Vineyard, have been doing so for the past 12 or so years, have met a lot of great people along the way, and have hosted many a rollicking session with sometimes as many as 20 musicians. My Irish flag is flying and my door is always open. Failte!